The Doctor Will See You Now…Doctor
How an Online Membership Community for Physicians Might Be Just What the Doctor Ordered
By: R. Alan Coppock
Providerbay.com will launch July 19, 2017 and promises to give its physician members rich content that is relevant to the issues they are facing in Real Time. The reason the Providerbay team can promise this is that much of the content will be determined by the actual members of the community.
Physicians will be asked to post on specific topics. These topics will serve as discussion points for other doctors to post comments and begin a dialogue. Since the discussion forums will be limited to members-only, doctors can be confident their privacy will be protected and they can address real issues that impact their patients and their livelihood.
To prompt discussions, member providers will be asked to comment on questions such as:
- What do you worry about in your practice of medicine?
- What keeps you awake at night?
- What do you enjoy most about your practice of medicine?
- What do you dread most about your practice of medicine?
- What has been your most valuable lesson throughout recent changes in US Healthcare policy?
- What is your best advice for a younger colleague? Or someone still in training?
- Knowing what you know now, what do you wish you had been told by a more senior physician?
- What has been your experience, or lack of experience with employment as a Doctor?
- What steps do you take to mitigate exposure to liability?
- Define “Value” as it relates to the future of payment systems? How are you planning to demonstrate Value as payers increasingly will be requiring?
- Who are your professional role models and why? Who do you admire and wish to emulate and why?
- What do you like/dislike about our increasing reliance on Electronic Medical Record Systems?
- How do you keep High Touch as we Implement High Tech?
- How do you protect yourself from fatigue and burnout?
The Providerbay team will produce a weekly podcast that centers on topics identified in recent forum postings. Weekly podcast episodes will be available for auto-download to members and non-members alike. Each episode will address the major themes that come out from the community discussions, without details that will identify any individual or organization, and provide interested parties with an overview of the hot topics of the day from inside the community.
If you are interested in following our progress, click HERE to register your name and email address to receive our newsletter and the most up to date information about Providerbay.